"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying- This is the way, walk in it!" Isa.30:21

Friday, February 1, 2013

Court today!

We had a fun and eventful day today!

This morning the rains came in. And being from Oregon we are used to rain but the Ugandan rain is intense!  We had a downpour with a thunder and lightning show from 8am to noon.  We were sitting out on our patio and couldn't help but get wet because of the intensity of the rain!

Later this morning, we had a visitor from our agency show up to say hello!  We had never met Josh but it was so fun to sit, share stories and pray together before we headed out the door for our first court date.

Our driver pulled into our driveway to pick us up and head into town.  There was a lady sitting in the van.  We all climbed in and filled the van quickly with our nervous excitement about what our day at court held.  I started chatting with this unknown lady next to me and something clicked in my brain and I said, "Are you the good Samaritan who found my son?"  And she said "Yes, that me!"  I was not prepared for this moment quite yet!  I had dreamed about meeting her and getting her picture to show Drew someday.  I was told there might be a possibility that I would meet her today but I had never dreamed that she would be riding with us the whole way in the court.

I can't quite describe that emotions that I felt.  I had so much love, compassion and appreciation for her.  We chatted and held hands most of the way into town.  Jeff and I shared our gratefulness to her.  She said that she felt proud that Drew was going to live in America with a wonderful family.  It was a very special time for the both of us!

We picked up a few more people once we were in downtown Kampala.  Another young woman climbed in the can and an older gentleman climbed up front.  I had no idea who they were but my new friend informed me that the young woman was another lady involved in finding Drew and the gentleman helped them search the area for any family around.

We got to court right on time.  We were told that you never know how long you will have to sit in the waiting room so be prepared.  I have read that one family had to stay there for 6 hours, oh goodness!  We were in there for 45 min and then we got the call to come in and see the judge to have our hearing.  That was so fast!! 

Basically, we met with the judge and our legal team told us that it went as best as it could have!  Praise the Lord!!  We will have our ruling on Feb 8th…so keep praying!

3 comments:

  1. We keep praying too. Love, love, love the updates. Makes us feel a part of this great adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious for you to meet those special people that God used to take Drew just where His planned path was!! I can imagine the bond you felt!! You have an army praying for you & can't wait to hear when it's official!! May God continue to richly bless your time there at Drew's first home & tighten the bonds for all of you!! xo Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying for your family..and future memeber!! God Bless you all!!

    ReplyDelete