"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying- This is the way, walk in it!" Isa.30:21

Saturday, February 9, 2013

A hard day . . .

Today we packed up all our of bags and belongings and prepared to leave our babies home.  Andrew could tell right away that something was happening and he didn't like it!  He had a full on tantrum and there was nothing I could do.  Actually, I couldn't do anything right, no one could!   He fell on the ground kicking and screaming not wanting me to do anything.  It's a surreal moment when you try to think back to all the books you've read and try to remember what you are supposed to do in this situation. 

It dawned on me why he was reacting this way.  He knew we were packing to leave and I think he was concerned that we were going to leave him there.  Once, I figured that out what was happening it made it easier to deal with.  I tried to hold him and tell him that I loved him and that he would never have to be alone again.  I reminded him that he will always be with us and we would never leave him! 
Jesus would never leave him!   Jesus has always been with him these past 2 1/2 years.  He knows what he has gone through and He grieves with him the loss he has had to endure.

Our driver Charles showed up at the home at 10am.  Drew loves "moto cars".  When he hears a car coming he runs out onto the patio and shouts "Hello, moto car".  He wanted us to go downstairs and get in the car and leave right away.  We took him downstairs and let him sit in the car while we brought down our bag.  Once he got in the car he would not get out.  He was crying and wanting me to get in the car with him and go.  I am pretty sure he thought we were going to leave him and he was not going to let us.

The car was all packed up and we were doing a last look around and one of the Aunties of the babies home came over to the car.  She wanted to say good-bye to Drew.  I told her he wouldn't get out of the car.  We talked about how he was doing, about court and coming back someday.  She said she was proud that he would be an American and have an American-English accent.  I told her we would give anything to have him keep his sweet little Ugandan accent. : )

I gave her a hug and told her thank you for caring for my son the last year.  I didn't think that I would be emotional but she was sad so sad to say good-bye so that caused my heart to break.  I promised we would show Drew all the pictures and videos that we have taken of the babies home and of his aunties and friends there.  He will know where he came from and who loved him until his family could come and bring him home.

 I also told her that I didn't know how she could love these little ones and then send them off with their families to most likely never to see them again.  She told me it was hard but she knew that is the way God has designed it and the most important thing is that Drew has a mommy and daddy's love and the love of Jesus!  I told her that we would love him and teach him all about the Bible and God's love  for him as well!

We drove off and Drew shouted out the window "Good-bye".  He also repeats almost everything we say so I, shouted out the window and Drew repeated it, "Good-bye.  Thank you Loving Hearts".

He was so happy to be driving away with us.  For that, I am so thankful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment