"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying- This is the way, walk in it!" Isa.30:21

Friday, February 15, 2013

A crazy busy day!!

Yesterday we had a VERY LONG and EXHAUSTING day!

Jeff was up at 6 am to head to the US Embassy to have a meeting about moving our case forward!  He was excited to be only third in line, but then sat there for 2 hours before he could be seen to review the file and sign off on all his paperwork before heading out on Monday.  Thankfully, the rest of us slept in, had breakfast and a lazy morning.  He returned to get us around 10 am and off we went!

We headed to the Friday market.  It's a great market meant for Mzungu's (white people) to purchase all sorts of wonderful crafts,  jewelry, clothes and so much more at a higher price than the locals.  We wandered through and looked through all the treasures.

It was a very hot day and thankfully, the crafts are mostly under these big tarps so you can be protected from the direct sun as much as possible.  The kids picked out different treasures and enjoyed talking with the ladies who made the crafts.  We were just about to finish up.  Bella, Drew and myself were looking at a few things and I had a great conversation with this wonderful lady.  We were walking away and I heard Bella trip over a stand so I turned around.  She was white as a ghost and looking at me with a desperate look.  I could tell she was fainting from the heat!  I quickly handed Drew off to this nice lady and grabbed Bella and helped her to the ground.  I called Jeff over and he was quickly by my side.  He picked up Bella and carried her to our van to get her some water and lay her down.

I followed a few minutes later after I helped clean up.  The nice lady said, "Don't forget your baby!"  I laughed and replied, "Don't worry, I won't ever forget him!"

I made our way out to the van and Bella was doing much better.  Jeff had poured water on her and gave her some to drink.  She was going to be fine. We sat in the van and waited for Jeff and the other kids to finish shopping.

Within a short time, we were off to our babies home for Drew's "Farewell Party."  (see Farewell to Loving Hearts post for details).

After the party, we were off fast and furious to the Ugandan Immigration Office to start the process of Drew's passport.  I do not have the right words to explain the passport process through the Ugandan Immigration office.  Wow!!!  I don't think I have been so overwhelmed as I was there! Seriously, we do not have pictures but the words fail me to express the chaos!

Thankfully, Charles connected us to his wonderful friend (who used to work in the immigration office) and she had come to help us.  If she would not have been there I would have sat down and cried...literally!  She worked her way in and out of lines, sought out friends for help and directed us where to go. She seemed quite frustrated as well, but never gave up.

It had been pouring rain when we first arrived so Drew was walking in all the mud and puddles and getting red clay all over him.  I did not care one bit because he was happy.  He was running on a 10 min nap and farewell cake for lunch.  A ticking time bomb ready to explode!

Bella had come with us to the immigration office and thank goodness for that!  Drew loves her and he was excited to have her there to play with.  She is going to be an awesome mama down the road.  So, 2 1/2 hours later and 4 processing rooms (packed with hundreds of people) later, we left confused.   

The last office told me to come back on Monday morning (and not to bring our son.) We came home exhausted again. The kids ran off to play with their friends and try to burn off the energy that they didn't use by sitting in the van outside for several hours while we did battle inside the immigration complex.

All the while, the clock is moving quickly and Jeff and the kids leave in only a few more days. How am I going to go back there on Monday and get anywhere without them?

No comments:

Post a Comment